A Short History of the Society
The society was founded in 1942 as The Goring Village Produce Association.
Our first President was Col. Stern of Highdown Towers.
For the first few years our annual show was held on the Goring Hall Estate.
We moved to St Mary's Hall in 1956..
We became affiliated to the RHS in 1958.
We won Silver Gilt medals at Chelsea in 1996 and 1997.
We also won the first Worthing Seafront Planting Competition in 2014.
Goring Gardening Society